CCNA 1 Chapter 9
1. Refer to the exhibit. How many broadcast domains are there?
2. How many usable host addresses are there in the subnet 192.168.1.32/27?
3. How many host addresses are available on the network 172.16.128.0 with a subnet mask of 255.255.252.0?
4. A network administrator is variably subnetting a network. The smallest subnet has a mask of 255.255.255.248. How many host addresses will this subnet provide??
5. Refer to the exhibit. A company uses the address block of 22.214.171.124/16 for its network. What subnet mask would provide the maximum number of equal size subnets while providing enough host addresses for each subnet in the exhibit?
6. Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator has assigned the LAN of LBMISS an address range of 192.168.10.0. This address range has been subnetted using a /29 prefix. In order to accommodate a new building, the technician has decided to use the fifth subnet for configuring the new network (subnet zero is the first subnet). By company policies, the router interface is always assigned the first usable host address and the workgroup server is given the last usable host address. Which configuration should be entered into the properties of the workgroup server to allow connectivity to the Internet?
- IP address: 192.168.10.65 subnet mask: 255.255.255.240, default gateway: 192.168.10.76
- IP address: 192.168.10.38 subnet mask: 255.255.255.240, default gateway: 192.168.10.33
- IP address: 192.168.10.38 subnet mask: 255.255.255.248, default gateway: 192.168.10.33
- IP address: 192.168.10.41 subnet mask: 255.255.255.248, default gateway: 192.168.10.46
- IP address: 192.168.10.254 subnet mask: 255.255.255.0, default gateway: 192.168.10.1
7. How many bits must be borrowed from the host portion of an address to accommodate a router with five connected networks?
8. A company has a network address of 192.168.1.64 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.192. The company wants to create two subnetworks that would contain 10 hosts and 18 hosts respectively. Which two networks would achieve that? (Choose two.)
9.In a network that uses IPv4, what prefix would best fit a subnet containing 100 hosts?
10. Refer to the exhibit.
Given the network address of 192.168.5.0 and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.224, how many total host addresses are unused in the assigned subnets?
11. When developing an IP addressing scheme for an enterprise network, which devices are recommended to be grouped into their own subnet or logical addressing group?
- end-user clients
- workstation clients
- mobile and laptop hosts
- hosts accessible from the Internet
12. A network administrator needs to monitor network traffic to and from servers in a data center. Which features of an IP addressing scheme should be applied to these devices?
- random static addresses to improve security
- addresses from different subnets for redundancy
- predictable static IP addresses for easier identification
- dynamic addresses to reduce the probability of duplicate addresses
13. Which two reasons generally make DHCP the preferred method of assigning IP addresses to hosts on large networks? (Choose two.)
- It eliminates most address configuration errors.
- It ensures that addresses are only applied to devices that require a permanent address.
- It guarantees that every device that needs an address will get one.
- It provides an address only to devices that are authorized to be connected to the network.
- It reduces the burden on network support staff.
14. Refer to the exhibit. A computer that is configured with the IPv6 address as shown in the exhibit is unable to access the internet. What is the problem?
- The DNS address is wrong.
- There should not be an alternative DNS address.
- The gateway address is in the wrong subnet.
- The settings were not validated.
15. When subnetting a /64 IPv6 network prefix, which is the preferred new prefix length?
16. What is the subnet address for the address 2001:DB8:BC15:A:12AB::1/64?
17. Which two notations are useable nibble boundaries when subnetting in IPv6? (Choose two.)
18. Fill in the blank.
In dotted decimal notation, the IP address 172.25.0.126 is the last host address for the network 172.25.0.64/26.
19. Fill in the blank.
In dotted decimal notation, the subnet mask 255.255.254.0 will accommodate 500 hosts per subnet.
Consider the following range of addresses:
The prefix-length for the range of addresses is /60
20. Fill in the blank.
A nibble consists of 4 bits.
21. Match the subnetwork to a host address that would be included within the subnetwork. (Not all options are used.)
22. Refer to the exhibit. Match the network with the correct IP address and prefix that will satisfy the usable host addressing requirements for each network. (Not all options are used.)
23. Open the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.
What issue is causing Host A to be unable to communicate with Host B?
- The subnet mask of host A is incorrect.
Host A has an incorrect default gateway.
Host A and host B are on overlapping subnets.
The IP address of host B is not in the same subnet as the default gateway is on.