CCNA4 Chapter 3 Exam Answer (v5.03) 2016
From year to year, Cisco has updated many versions with difference questions. The latest version is version 6.0 in 2018. What is your version? It depends on your instructor creating your class. We recommend you to go thought all version if you are not clear. While you take online test with netacad.com, You may get random questions from all version. Each version have 1 to 10 different questions or more. After you review all questions, You should practice with our online test system by go to "Online Test" link below.
Refer to the exhibit. Which statement describes the status of the PPP connection?
- Only the link-establishment phase completed successfully.
- Only the network-layer phase completed successfully.
- Neither the link-establishment phase nor the network-layer phase completed successfully.
- Both the link-establishment and network-layer phase completed successfully.
At which layer of the OSI model does multiplexing take place?
- Layer 1
- Layer 2
- Layer 3
- Layer 4
Which command can be used to view the cable type that is attached to a serial interface?
- Router(config)# show interfaces
- Router(config)# show controllers
- Router(config)# show ip interface
- Router(config)# show ip interface brief
Which serial 0/0/0 interface state will be shown if no serial cable is attached to the router, but everything else has been correctly configured and turned on?
- Serial 0/0/0 is up, line protocol is up
- Serial 0/0/0 is up, line protocol is down
- Serial 0/0/0 is down, line protocol is down
- Serial 0/0/0 is up (looped)
- Serial 0/0/0 is up (disabled)
- Serial 0/0/0 is administratively down, line protocol is down
Refer to the exhibit. What type of Layer 2 encapsulation will be used for connection D on the basis of this configuration on a newly installed router:
RtrA(config)# interface serial0/0/0
RtrA(config-if)# ip address 126.96.36.199 255.255.255.252
RtrA(config-if)# no shutdown
- Frame Relay
Which is an advantage of using PPP on a serial link instead of HDLC?
- option for authentication
- higher speed transmission
- fixed-size frames
- option for session establishment
How does PPP interface with different network layer protocols?
- by using separate NCPs
- by negotiating with the network layer handler
- by encoding the information field in the PPP frame
- by specifying the protocol during link establishment through LCP
Which address is used in the Address field of a PPP frame?
- a single byte of binary 00000000
- a single byte of binary 10101010
- a single byte of binary 11111111
- the IP address of the serial interface
Which three physical layer interfaces support PPP? (Choose three.)
- asynchronous serial
- synchronous serial
Which three are types of LCP frames used with PPP? (Choose three.)
- link-negotiation frames
- link-acknowledgment frames
- link-maintenance frames
- link-termination frames
- link-control frames
- link-establishment frames
Which protocol will terminate the PPP link after the exchange of data is complete?
During a PPP session establishment phase, which two messages are sent by the requested party if the options are not acceptable? (Choose two.)
Which three statements are true about PPP? (Choose three.)
- PPP can use synchronous and asynchronous circuits.
- PPP can only be used between two Cisco devices.
- PPP carries packets from several network layer protocols in LCPs.
- PPP uses LCPs to establish, configure, and test the data link connection.
- PPP uses LCPs to agree on format options such as authentication, compression, and error detection.
What PPP information will be displayed if a network engineer issues the show ppp multilink command on Cisco router?
- the link LCP and NCP status
- the queuing type on the link
- the IP addresses of the link interfaces
- the serial interfaces participating in the multilink
A network engineer is troubleshooting the loss of MPEG video viewing quality as MPEG video files cross a PPP WAN link. What could be causing this loss of quality?
- PAP authentication was misconfigured on the link interfaces.
- The clock rates configured on each serial interface do not match.
- Link Quality Monitoring was not configured correctly on each interface.
- The compress command was used when PPP was configured on the interfaces.
A network engineer is monitoring an essential, but poor quality, PPP WAN link that periodically shuts down. An examination of the interface configurations shows that the ppp quality 90 command has been issued. What action could the engineer take to reduce the frequency with which the link shuts down?
- Issue the command ppp quality 70.
- Issue the command ppp quality 100.
- Set the DCE interface to a lower clock rate.
- Use the bandwidth command to increase the bandwidth of the link.
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is configuring the PPP link between the two routers. However, the PPP link cannot be established. Based on the partial output of the show running-config command, what is the cause of the problem?
- The usernames do not match.
- The passwords do not match.
- The passwords should be longer than 8 characters.
- The interface IP addresses are in different subnets.
In which situation would the use of PAP be preferable to the use of CHAP?
- when router resources are limited
- when multilink PPP is used
- when plain text passwords are needed to simulate login at the remote host
- when a network administrator prefers it because of ease of configuration
- Refer to the exhibit. Based on the debug command output that is shown, which statement is true of the operation of PPP.
- CHAP authentication failed because of an unknown hostname.
- A PPP session was successfully established.
- Both PAP and CHAP authentication were attempted.
- The debug output is from router R2.
Match the phases of establishing a PPP session in the correct order. (Not all options are used.)
Match the PPP option with the correct description. (Not all options are used.)
Match the steps to the PPP CHAP authentication process sequence. (Not all options are used.)
Open the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.
Why is the serial link between router R1 and router R2 not operational?
- In each case the expected username is not the same as the remote router hostname.
- The passwords are different in both routers.
- The encapsulation in both routers does not match.
- The authentication type is not the same in both routers.