Introduction to Linux I Chapter 15 Exam Answer
Question ID 1033
Which of the following commands is used to view the summary of CPUs in the system?
- more /proc/cpuinfo
- ls -cpu
Question ID 1034
What is the maximum memory that a 64 bit processor can theoretically use?
- 16 EiB
- 8 GiB
- 2 GiB
- 4 GiB
Question ID 1035
Which command is used to view the summary of the RAM and swap space?
Question ID 1036
Which of the following is not a characteristic of firmware?
- Change settings to affect the use of external devices
- Change runlevels
- Tests the components upon startup
- Typically stored in ROM
Question ID 1037
Which of the following is not a mass storage device?
- SATA drive
Question ID 1038
Coldplug devices are devices that are connected when the power is off.
True or False?
Question ID 1039
To use “plug and play”, which components must support hotplugging that device?
- Device Driver, Interface, Operating System
- Device, Interface, Operating System, RAM
- Device Driver, Interface, ROM
- Device Driver, USB, Operating System
Question ID 1040
Which of the following resources are used by devices to communicate with the system?
- IO Channels, IO Memory, Interrupts and DMA Ports
- IO Ports, RAM, Interrupts and DMA Channels
- IO Ports, IO Memory, Interrupts, and DMA Channels
- IO Ports, IO Memory, Signals and DMA Channels
Question ID 1041
Interrupts cannot be shared between devices.
True or False?
Question ID 1042
Which of the following commands is used to view the network interface controller connected on the PCI bus?
Question ID 1043
Which of the following commands is used to view the details of an external drive connected to a USB port?
- lsusb -v
- lspci -u
- lsmod -u
Question ID 1044
Which option of the lspci command would you use to troubleshoot a network interface card?
Question ID 1045
The _____ is a kernel module used by the kernel to manage hardware devices.
- Configuration file
Question ID 1046
Which of the following is not a function of the udev subsystem?
- Create device node when a new device is connected
- Maintain psuedo filesystem in the /dev directory
- Remove device node when a device is removed
- Maintain log files
Question ID 1047
HALD is the abbreviation for:
- Hardware Abstraction Layer Driver
- Hardware Abstraction Layer Daemon
- Hardware Availability Layer Daemon
- Hardware Attribute Layer Daemon
Question ID 1048
What is the notification mechanism used to inform programs about a change in state of hardware devices?
- DBUS sends notifications to HALD
- HALD uses dbus to send notifications
- Programs query HALD directly
- DBUS forwards queries from programs to HALD
Question ID 1049
Which of the following is not true about kernel modules?
- They can be compiled into the kernel itself
- They are loaded automatically by the kernel
- They are software to support devices
- They are plug and play hardware devices
Question ID 1050
The _____ command is used to load a module along with its dependencies.