Last Updated on by
Introduction to Linux I Chapter 2 Exam Answer
Question ID 370
Which command is used in order to view the manual page for a topic?
Question ID 386
The command manual ls will provide detailed information about how the ls command functions.
True or False?
Question ID 389
Which of the following man page sections will provide an example of how a command is executed?
- The SYNOPSIS section
- The DESCRIPTION section
- The FILES section
- The NAME section
Question ID 390
The [ ] characters around day in the example cal [-smjy13] [[[day] month] year] means that day is:
- An argument that must be “day” and nothing else
- An option, not an argument
Question ID 391
The syntax [-u|–utc|–universal] means:
- These three options are different
- These three options mean the same thing
- These are required options
- This is invalid syntax
Question ID 395
The command man 5 passwd will:
- Display the man page of Section 5 for passwd.
- Print the first five man pages that refer to the term passwd.
- Not work; you can’t give a numeric argument to the man command.
- Display the first five lines of the man page for the passwd command.
Question ID 874
To see a list of commands that are available while viewing a man page, you can type the __ character.
Question ID 875
To search for something while viewing a man page, you first type a __ character.
Question ID 876
Special file man pages are typically located in section ____.
Question ID 877
System Administration man pages are typically located in section ___.
Question ID 878
Shell command man pages are typically located in section ___.