Last Updated on by
IT Essentials – ITE Chapter 14 Exam Answers v6.0 2018 2019
Cisco ITE v6.0 latest or IT Essentials v6.0 Chapter 14 Exam Answers PC hardware and software (ITE Version 6.00) collection year 2017, 2018 and 2019 Full 100%. IT Essentials has been know as ITE v6. The following are the questions exam answers. Guarantee Passed. ITE v6.0 Chapter 14 exam answers has some new update from the old version 5. You can review all Chapter 14 Exam Answers. You will get passed scored 100% with this version 6.0. Good Luck for ITE v6.0 Exam!
ccna7.com help to collect Cisco IT Essentials Chapter 14 Exam Answers v6 2018 & 2019 or all question from other candidate and verify before we publish to this page. ITE Chapter 14 Exam has 22 questions. Exam has duration 1 to 2 hours depend on your instructor activation. To pass ITE v6 Chapter 14 Exam, you should review and prepare all questions in ITE Chapter 14 Exam. Please send us your new updated question for ITE Chapter 14 Exam.
Click here go to ITE Chapter 14 Exam – Online Test
A technician discovers that RAID has stopped working. Which two situations could cause this issue? (Choose two.)
- The external RAID controller loses power.
- The RAID controller fails.
- The cables connected to the hard drive are connected incorrectly.
- One of the hard drives fails.
- RAID has been configured incorrectly.
A technician is upgrading an older PC with a dual core CPU. When the PC restarts, it is slower than it was before the upgrade. The Performance tab from the Task Manager displays only one CPU graph. What is the most probable solution to this problem?
- Update the BIOS firmware to support the dual core CPU.
- Increase the amount of RAM available.
- Replace the HDD with a higher capacity hard drive.
- Overclock the CPU.
What is a symptom of a printer fuser that needs to be replaced?
- Toner is coming off printed pages.
- Paper is not feeding into the printer correctly.
- Pages are printing with ghost images.
- Vertical lines are printed on every page
What is a probable cause of a printer producing pages with ghost images?
- a worn drum wiper
- a damaged pickup roller
- not enough memory
- an incorrect print driver
What corrective action should be taken on a printer that prints unknown characters?
- Reinstall the driver.
- Increase the memory.
- Replace the drum wiper.
- Replace the fuser.
Users in an office complain that they are receiving “Document failed to print” messages when trying to print to a network printer. What is a likely problem?
- The printer toner is low.
- The printer drum is dirty.
- The printer is configured with an incorrect IP address.
- The printer does not have enough memory.
A user has not updated an application for over two years and has just updated to the newest release on the workstation. The user notices, however, that the software with the newest release is operating very slowly. The other applications on the workstation are operating normally. What is a possible cause?
- The BIOS needs to be updated.
- The computer has a virus.
- The computer does not have enough RAM.
- The workstation does not have a compatible driver installed.
A technician adds a new optical drive to a computer but the optical drive is not recognized by the computer. The technician thinks that the BIOS firmware needs to be updated and updates the CMOS. However, the computer fails to start. What is a possible solution?
- Download a different set of drivers for the newly installed hardware.
- Contact the motherboard manufacturer to obtain a new CMOS chip.
- Attach external power to the newly installed hardware.
- Change the boot order in the BIOS to include the optical drive.
A computer repeatedly locks without any error message. Which two conditions may be the cause of the problem? (Choose two.)
- The index service is not running.
- The computer has a virus.
- An update has corrupted the operating system.
- The UAC has been turned off.
- The user has breached the user security policy.
- The CPU needs to be upgraded.
What usually causes the BSOD in the Windows OS?
- CPU overheating
- a fragmented hard drive
- insufficient RAM
- device driver compatibility errors
A user reports that WiFi is not working on a laptop. A technician checks the laptop and notices that the wireless networking icon is missing from the notification area of the task bar. The technician tries to turn the wireless switch on the laptop on and off. However, the wireless NIC is still not displayed. What should be done next to troubleshoot this issue?
- Replace the NIC with one that is known to work.
- Configure wireless networking in the System Information tool.
- Add the NIC to the system in the Devices and Printers control panel.
- Activate the NIC in the BIOS or UEFI settings.
What are two reasons that a workstation would begin to lock up frequently? (Choose two.)
- failing RAM
- an overheating CPU
- an incorrect display setting
- indexing service running too long
- issues with the uninstallation of an application
A PC is not able to connect to a wired network. Pinging the loopback address is successful, but the gateway cannot be reached. On the network switch all the interface lights are on, except for the interface connected to the PC. The LED on the network card is off. What is the most likely cause of this problem?
- The gateway needs to be fixed.
- The network cable is faulty.
- The network switch is faulty.
- The PC has an incorrect IP address for the DNS server.
Users in a recently installed wireless network are complaining of slow data transfer and frequent loss of connectivity. The technician checks that the wireless security is correctly implemented, and there is no evidence of unauthorized users on the network. Which two problems might the technician suspect? (Choose two.)
- There is interference from outside sources.
- The DHCP server is faulty.
- The wireless signal is too weak.
- The antenna on the access point is too powerful.
- The network passwords need to be reissued to the users.
A user can send email to other people in the office successful but is unable to receive any email. What is a possible cause of this issue?
- The computer has incorrect POP3 or IMAP settings.
- The computer has incorrect SMTP settings.
- The computer has a full outbox.
- The computer has a wrong username or password configured to receive email.
A group of users is unable to connect to the network. When testing several of the PCs and issuing the command ipconfig, the technician notices that all of them have an IP address in the 169.254.x.x range. What is the most likely cause of this problem?
- The Internet connection is down.
- The DHCP server is not operational.
- The gateway address is incorrect.
- The DNS server is not operational.
Which network server is malfunctioning if a user can ping the IP address of a web server but cannot ping the web server host name?
- the DNS server
- the DHCP server
- the FTP server
- the HTTP server
What command can a technician use on a computer to see if DNS is functioning properly?
- net share
- net use
An administrator deploys wireless access points across the office to provide wireless network connectivity to users. Each workstation receives an IP address via DHCP. After a file server with a static IP is connected to the wired network, the administrator receives an IP address conflict message. What is a possible solution?
- Restart the DHCP server.
- Change the IP address of the file server with the ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew commands.
- Change the static IP configured on the file server.
- Connect the file server to the wireless network.
A computer displays this message when the computer boots: “MBR has been changed or modified.” What could cause this problem?
- A boot sector virus has altered the master boot record.
- A virus has altered the Windows kernel.
- The CMOS battery has failed.
- A RAM module is not fully inserted into the memory slot.
A technician is troubleshooting a Windows 7 laptop infected with a virus that has damaged the master boot record. The technician has booted the laptop using the installation media and is attempting to repair the laptop from the command line interface. Which two commands can the technician use to repair the corrupt master boot record? (Choose two.)
- bootrec /fixboot
- bootrec /fixmbr
A user reports that all of the software applications operate very slowly every day around 9:30 a.m. A couple of hours later, the computer operates normally for the rest of the day. What is the most likely cause?
- The computer is infected with a virus or malware.
- The computer network is experiencing congestion at those times.
- The computer is being scanned by the antivirus software on a specified schedule.
- The computer is missing a required driver.