ITE v6.0 – IT Essentials Chapter 6 Quiz Answers
Cisco ITE latest or IT Essentials v6.0 Chapter 6 Quiz Answers PC hardware and software (ITE Version 6.00) collection year 2017, 2018 and 2019 Full 100%. IT Essentials has been know as ITE. The following are the questions quiz answers. Guarantee Passed. ITE v6.0 Chapter 6 Quiz Answers has some new update from the old version 5. You can review all Chapter 6 Quiz Answers. You will get passed scored 100% with this version 6.0. Good Luck for ITE v6.0 Quiz!
What is the minimum amount of system RAM that is required to run the Windows 8 Hyper-V virtualization platform?
- 8 GB
- 1 GB
- 512 MB
- 4 GB
Running Hyper-V on Windows 8 requires a minimum of 4GB of system RAM.
Which two statements are true about restore points? (Choose two.)
- They recover personal files that have been corrupted or deleted.
- They back up personal data files.
- They are useful to restore the computer to an earlier time when the system worked properly.
- They contain information about the system and registry settings that are used by the Windows operating system.
- A technician should always create them after updating the operating system.
Restore points contain information about the system and registry settings that can be used to restore a Windows system back to a previous configuration. Restore points should be created whenever software is installed or updated. Because restore points do not back up user data, a dedicated backup system should also be implemented to back up data.
A workstation is configured with an advanced video capture card that was added to the system. After the OS was updated from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1, the video card stopped working. What should be done to address this problem?
- Update the driver.
- Update the video editing software.
- Update Windows 8.1.
- Update firmware on the workstation.
Since the video capture card worked before the OS upgrade, it is most likely that the driver for Windows 7 does not work in Windows 8.1. Since the video card is a third party product, upgrading the OS or video editing software will not resolve the problem. Instead, updating the driver to a Windows 8.1 version should fix the problem.
What is a characteristic of a virtual machine on a PC?
- The number of virtual machines that can be made available depends on the software resources of the host machine.
- A virtual machine needs a physical network adapter to connect to the Internet.
- A virtual machine runs its own operating system.
- A virtual machine is not susceptible to threats and malicious attacks.
Each virtual machine runs its own operating system. The number of virtual machines that can be made available depends on the hardware resources of the host machine. Virtual machines are susceptible to threats and malicious attacks, like physical computers. To connect to the Internet, a virtual machine uses a virtual network adapter, that acts like a physical adapter in a physical computer, connecting through the physical adapter on the host to establish a connection to the Internet.
A technician has installed a third party utility that is used to manage a Windows 7 computer. However, the utility does not automatically start whenever the computer is started. What can the technician do to resolve this problem?
- Change the startup type for the utility to Automatic in Services.
- Uninstall the program and then choose Add New Programs in the Add or Remove Programs utility to install the application.
- Set the application registry key value to one.
- Use the Add or Remove Programs utility to set program access and defaults.
The Services console in Windows OS allows for the management of all the services on the local and remote computers. The setting of Automatic in the Services console enables the chosen service to start when the computer is started.
What utility is used to show the system resources consumed by each user?
- Task Manager
- User Accounts
- Device Manager
- Event Viewer
The Windows Task Manager utility includes a Users tab from which the system resources consumed by each user can be displayed.
A user has a netbook that has the maximum amount of RAM that can be installed (1 GB), but the user performance is suffering. What Windows system utility can be used to help in this situation?
- Device Manager
- Action Center
ReadyBoost allows an external flash drive or hard drive to be used as hard drive cache. This is particularly beneficial when the maximum amount of RAM has been installed and performance is suffering.
A help desk technician is talking to a user to clarify a technical problem that the user is having. What are two examples of open-ended questions that the technician might use to help determine the issue? (Choose two.)
- Has anyone else used the computer recently?
- What happens when you try to access your files?
- Can you boot the operating system?
- What updates have you performed lately?
- Can you boot up in safe mode?
Close-ended questions generally have a fixed or limited set of possible responses, such as “yes” or “no”. Open-ended questions imply no limited or fixed set of replies but rather generally prompt the responder to provide more meaningful feedback.
Which of these programs is an example of a Type 2 hypervisor?
- Virtual PC
- Windows XP Mode
Virtual PC is a Type 2 (Hosted) hypervisor as it is hosted by an operating system and does not run directly on the hardware.
Enabling and disabling the pop-up blocker in Internet Explorer is accomplished through which Internet Options tab?
Which system tool can show hardware and software information for both local and remote computers?
- Component Services
- System Configuration
- Performance Monitor
- System Information
The System Information tool shows the status of various hardware, software, and other computer components on both local and remote computers. Chkdsk is a tool for verifying that the file system is not corrupt. The System Configuration utility allows you to modify the Windows startup process to diagnose problems. Component Services allows you to modify COM components and Performance Monitor is used to monitor the use of system resources and troubleshoot performance issues.
What would be the result of having a corrupt Master Boot Record?
- The keyboard will be unresponsive to the user.
- The printer will function incorrectly.
- A new application will fail to install.
- The operating system will fail to start.
The Master Boot Record (MBR) locates the operating system boot loader. If the MBR is missing or corrupt, then the operating system cannot start.
What command would allow a technician to receive help with the command-line options that are used to schedule a program to run at a specific time?
- ASK AT
- HELP AT
- CMD ?
- AT /?
The AT command is used from a Windows command prompt to schedule commands and programs to run at a specific date and time. Any command followed by /? will list the options associated with a particular command.
A technician is having difficulty resolving what appears to be a Windows 7 problem. Previously documented known solutions did not work and neither Device Manager nor Event Viewer provided useful information. Which two actions should the technician try next? (Choose two.)
- Check the Internet for possible solutions.
- Reinstall the operating system.
- Use the recovery CD to restore the operating system.
- Ask the customer for any idea about what may be wrong.
- Check any manuals that relate to the hardware and software.
During the troubleshooting process, if a quick procedure does not correct the problem, further research should be conducted to identify the exact cause of the problem.
A user notices that a PC is running slowly and exhibits a delayed response to keyboard commands. What is a probable cause of this symptom?
- One or more program files have been deleted.
- A recently installed device driver is incompatible with the boot controller.
- A process is using most of the CPU resources.
- The video card does not support the resolution that is being used.
A PC that shows signs of being slow and with delayed input responses is normally associated with a process or processes using up most of the CPU resources. An incompatible driver would result in an unresponsive device. A recently installed driver incompatible with a boot controller would probably cause the PC to display an “Inaccessible Boot Device” error after the POST.